Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Best Parts of My Week - 6/23/14-6/26/14

Hi everyone,
     The last week of school is always exciting!  At this time of year I like to say:  "Another day, another event!"  
.....We began the week with a "Victory Lap".  As part of our Healthy Highway program, we celebrate our year-long journey with a run/walk around our school, a reminder of all that we learned, and a special treat!  Thank you to our PTA for sponsoring the treats!

.....I began the day Tuesday with our 5th Grade Moving Up ceremony.  What a privilege it is to be a part of the education of our students for all these years and to be able to see how they have grown and learned!  It was a proud moment for the families for sure, but also for all of us as teachers.  There were few dry eyes when the students sang their Moving Up Day song........

.....The last day of school is always special.  I was greeting the students as they arrived and while most were happy that it was the last day of school some of the students commented that they were sad.  I responded that being sad could be a good thing because it means that you like school and do not want to be away from it!  They agreed!  We had a huge celebration with music, dancing, ribbon streamers, bubbles, and many hugs and good-byes!  Admittedly I was a little sad myself saying goodbye to retiring colleagues and students moving on to middle school.

     As I write this last post of this school year I am reminded of the fact that I have finished 31 school years at North Park and while that seems impossible, it has passed by in a heartbeat!  It is time to unwind, refresh, regroup, and relax.  The end of the year is always a flurry of paperwork, inventory, cleaning, and filing but I always feel fortunate, not only to have a job that I truly love, but to be able to finish each year as an accomplishment and begin anew each fall.  Thank you for reading!  Have a great summer and I look forward to beginning again in September!

I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week!"  To find out more about the PE program at North Park, visit my website:  North Park Physical Education