Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Best Parts of My Week - 9/2/14--9/5/14

Hi everyone,
    We are back!  It was a great summer but I am ready for a new school year!  It is hard to believe but this is my 32nd school year!  It was a great first week!  We started the week with the usual meetings and it was wonderful to see colleagues that I have not seen all summer!  During the opening day we were treated to a musical performance by two of our high school vocal groups and it was gratifying to see students from North Park that are part of these amazing and talented groups!  During the afternoon, students came to visit school and drop off school supplies and I enjoyed very much catching up with students from last year as well as meeting new ones!  I think it is going to be an exciting year!  I hope you enjoy reading about the Best Parts of My Week this year!  

.....While this actually happened at the end of the summer, I have to share!  I received a letter at the end of the summer from one of my first grade students.  He wrote to tell me that he had been running during the summer to stay healthy!  How amazing is that!  I enjoyed writing back to him to tell him how proud I was!

.....There is nothing better than the smiles on the first day of school.  We were treated to our share of them on Thursday!

.....We received word this week that North Park is on the list of nationally recognized schools as a Let's Move Active School! We are one of 698 schools nationwide and one of only 21 in New York State!  Go North Park!

.....It was great fun introducing Fitness Frankie to our new friends at North Park!  This week I am planning to share his summer adventure during one of our assemblies.  Stay tuned!

.....I always begin the year with a slide show of last year's PE program.  At the end I asked students to share with the class what they noticed.  One student shared that she noticed that we have many activities and opportunities to be active during PE!  We do and I feel very grateful!  It's going to be a great year!


I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week!"  To find out more about the PE program at North Park, visit my website:  North Park Physical Education