Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Best Parts of My Week - 5/26/14--5/30/14

Hi everyone,
     It was a great week!  There were so many parts of the week that were terrific from beginning to end!

.....I love technology and have used pedometers in my program as well as personally for years.  In January I decided to switch from a traditional pedometer to a Fit Bit device.  I began this week with a notification that I had earned the 500 mile lifetime badge!

.....Students in the primary grades have been learning about sports that use striking skills.  We have been playing a game I call Triangle Ball during which students hit a ball off of a tee and run some bases.  A kindergarten student asked me to watch him hit.  I did and he hit the ball really far!  I told him how great it was and he said that he used to be a professional baseball player!  That made me smile!

.....As we were beginning a lesson outside with a primary group one of my students said:  "You are my favorite PE teacher!"  I thanked her and said that we had missed her when she was absent recently.  She responded:  "I missed you too!"

.....One of our fifth grade students read about Cardio Cal's adventure over the announcements this week.  She did a great job and he had a great adventure!

.....As I took out my Ipad to use with a class one of the students commented "Ipad - Yay!".  I agree!

.....Occasionally students share their achievements with me but this week one of my colleagues shared her achievement with me regarding a personal best.  It is so great to work in an environment where we support each other in our accomplishments!

.....As I was standing in the hall waiting for a class some fourth grade students were passing by.  They checked the PE Password folder and commented that I had not changed it yet.  I told them that I was all set to change it the next day.  They keep me on my toes!

.....Fitness Frankie is off to Spain on a bicycling adventure!  More on that later.......

.....At the end of the week I had an amazing opportunity to attend and participate in the Fuel Up to Play 60 Forum at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey.  I was invited to be on a panel and speak about our successes with Fuel Up to Play 60.  I invited a colleague to go with me and we had a terrific time!  We came back with so many ideas that we are ready to go for next year!  Fitness Frankie came with us!  read about our adventure in his blog - The Adventures of Fitness Frankie!


I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week!"  To find out more about the PE program at North Park, visit my website:  North Park Physical Education

See you next week!