Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Best Parts of My Week - 9/4/12--9/7/12

Hi everyone,
    Well, the summer flew by!  I had some wonderful adventures, time to rest and relax, and time to get ready for the new school year!  Summers are wonderful but when they are over, I am always ready to get back to school!  I had a great first week!

.....If you follow this blog, you may already know that the end of last year was challenging because a school in our district had to be closed.  As a result, most of the students from that school were scheduled to come to North Park in the fall.  It has been terrific meeting so many new friends!

.....The first day of school is always so exciting!  There were many smiles, only a few tears, and much anticipation for the opportunities and promise of a new year!

.....As I was getting to know our new students I recognized some names from the past.  It turns out that several of our new students had parents and family members who went to North Park as well!

.....During our Cooperative Hands Project, where students decorate a paper hand as a promise to follow the class contract, I noticed that one of the students was decorating his hand with an American Flag........it was great to see such patriotism from such a young student!

.....The first PE class of the year involves a brief movie of pictures from the previous year's activities.  I find that this is a great way to introduce new students to North Park PE, and to remind current students of the amazing opportunities that we have.  During the primary classes, I encouraged the students to look for Fitness Frankie during the show.  It was so great to see the students point him out to our new friends, and the delight on their faces each time they saw him!  (He is all over the place!)

I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week!"  To find out more about the PE program at North Park, visit my website:  http://classrooms.hydeparkschools.org/webpages/MRobelee/

See you next week!