Monday, May 30, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week....5/23/11-5/27/11

Hi everyone,
What a wonderful week! There were so many great moments! Enjoy!


.....I had the pleasure of hosting Wendy Cooper, creator of Healthy Highway at my house this week as we prepared for our final Healthy Highway assembly of the year!

.....We held our final Healthy Highway assembly of the year on Tuesday. We introduced Victory Lane, celebrated our accomplishments this year, and reminded ourselves of those who help us achieve success in our lives - our Pit Crew! When I asked the students who they thought were a part of their Pit Crew they said, their parents, friends, teachers, and families! It was terrific being able to show Wendy how we have implemented Healthy Highway and after we enjoyed a slide show of this year's activities, we all enjoyed dancing! Wendy taught us a few new moves!

.....Fitness Frankie was awarded the Healthy Highway "Driver of the Year" Award! He even received a new shirt to wear!

.....I received my very own Healthy Highway shirt!

.....North Park School was given a beautiful plaque as the first recipient of the Healthy Highway "Green Light to Good Health Award"!

.....This week I received "Coop" cars for our Operation Healthy North Park program from all across the district! It made me smile!

.....I enjoyed a conversation with a parent this week who told me how much her child enjoyed PE........

.....Our superintendent was on her way to participate in a zip line activity at another school in the district. She called up to ask if she could bring Fitness Frankie! He had a great time! Check out his blog soon for his account of the experience!

.....I was doing a "shoelace" warm-up with my primary students this week. Each student is given a shoelace and they are asked to come up with creative ways to exercise. I was playing patriotic music in celebration of Memorial Day and one of my students called to me to say "Look! I made an "M" for Memorial Day!"

.....During bus duty this week I was talking with some students and asking about their plans for the Memorial Day weekend. One student responded that he wasn't sure, but it would probably include some exercise!

I hope you enjoyed reading about "The Best Parts of My Week".

This is the last week for participation in "Operation Healthy North Park!"

Visit the North Park PE website to learn more about our program.

E-mail me with comments or questions at: northparkpe@yahoo.com