Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week....5/31/11-6/3/11

Hi everyone,
The days are getting longer, but the school year is getting shorter! There is so much excitement and celebration as the school year draws to a close!

.....Our Field Day shirts arrived and I spent time this week organizing them for distribution. While it is a big task to complete, I am always thrilled to see the excitement on the faces of students and adults alike as they receive their shirts!

.....My upper elementary students have been playing the game of 4 Square while I have been completing fitness testing. Since the testing was complete in one class, I asked the groups of players if I could join and play too! I was welcomed with smiles and I had a great time playing!

.....This week we held Kindergarten Orientation for our incoming kindergarten students. Our principal takes the parents on a tour of the building while the students meet with the kindergarten teachers. I was able to speak about our PE program with several parent groups this week. I always enjoy this opportunity! I even recognized some faces of parents who were my students!

.....My primary students have been using a variety of equipment to aim for a variety of targets this week. We have "Geo-Targets" (geometric shapes hung up on a rope), buckets, goals, and number targets. Students worked hard to kick, toss, throw, and strike objects so that a particular object will reach a target. I love to see the faces of students when they are successful!

.....While working with the targets this week I changed a few stations to make them different and exciting. One of my students walked in to the gymnasium this week and immediately said "I LOVE it when you make it challenging!"

.....We held our in-school Spring Concert this week. This serves as a dress rehearsal for our chorus, band, and string groups just prior to the evening performance. Our students and music staff work so hard all year to learn and improve. I am always in awe of the talent and dedication of our students and staff. It was a great concert and definitely one of the "Best Parts of My Week"!

I hope you enjoyed reading about "The Best Parts of My Week".

"Operation Healthy North Park!" has concluded! The final total of "Coop" cars will be coming soon!

Visit the North Park PE website to learn more about our program.

E-mail me with comments or questions at: northparkpe@yahoo.com