Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week....5/2/11-5/6/11

Hi everyone,
This past week was Teacher Appreciation Week and National Physical Education and Sport Week! It was a wonderful week and I definitely felt appreciated!

.....While finishing up some dance activities one of my students doing the Paper Dance decided to do the "Tango" with her paper partner!

.....I was so proud of one of my students as he read Fitness Frankie's journal entry to the entire school!

.....Fitness Frankie has a great weekend with one of our teachers who took the time to make a book of his weekend adventure and included National Physical Education and Sport Week on the cover!

.....We started fitness testing this week. I was impressed with how hard my students worked and how they showed respect to their classmates with encouragement and kind words!

.....Operation Healthy North Park began this week as well! Many of our teachers, students, and families participate. One teacher showed me his very own pedometer!

.....Our wonderful PTA, students, and families showed their appreciation this week in so many wonderful ways........

.....We are getting ready for Field Day by selling Field Day T-shirts. An family donation came in to purchase a shirt for some other student in need.....

.....After school one day I was greeted by a little one who will be a kindergarten student next Fall. His dad was a former student of mine!

.....I am so lucky to work with wonderful people! Some of my colleagues offered to help with Operation Healthy North Park. I accepted and am very grateful for their offer!

.....Our office staff never cease to amaze me with their creativity and thoughtfulness! This week they turned in their "Coop" car for participation in Operation Healthy North Park and made one car so that the car door opened to find Fitness Frankie and another to find Exercise Ernie!

.....We were treated to a wonderful luncheon on Friday for Teacher Appreciation Week by our PTA. As I was leaving the luncheon a parent stopped to tell me that I was her PE teacher years ago! We had a terrific conversation and it brought me back in time!

.....All week we celebrated National Physical Education and Sport Week! We capped off the week with Project ACES! Our entire school spent time outside exercising as a team! We exercised, laughed, and appreciated the opportunities that we have in Physical Education!

I hope you enjoyed reading about "The Best Parts of My Week".

Please consider participating in "Operation Healthy North Park!"

Visit the North Park PE website to learn more about our program.

E-mail me with comments or questions at: northparkpe@yahoo.com