Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week....5/16/11-5/20/11

Hi everyone,
The weather outside was rainy and dreary, but inside we had a ball! I hope you enjoy the Best Parts of My Week!

.....Fitness Frankie spent the week in the cafeteria sitting in the lunch line. He was watching all of the choices that the students (and adults) were making! Apparently I am not the only one who believes in Fitness Frankie since I checked on him one day to see that he had been turned around so that he could not see someone choosing curly fries for lunch!

.....We continued Yoga this week with students in grades K-2 this week. I was happy to see the smiles on students faces as they entered the gymnasium to see the yoga mats set up and ready to go! One of my first grade students smiled and said "I'm wearing my yoga pants!"

.....I counted the "Coop" Cars that have been turned in as part of our Operation Healthy North Park program. We have collected 1,447 "Coop" cars so far!

.....One of my third grade classes came to PE for the first time since the expansion of our rock wall. One of the students exclaimed "THIS IS AWESOME!"

.....I had a meeting this week after school at our administration building. On my way out I noticed a window to an office that had many "Coop"cars taped to it! I knew that many in our administration building had committed to participating in the program, but it was amazing to see the cars taped up on the window ready to be sent to North Park!

.....I asked many students this week if they had seen Fitness Frankie in the lunch line. They all responded yes, but one student said "I gave him a hug"!

.....One of our building secretaries stopped by the gymnasium to give me some paperwork while a class was completing a portion of a fitness test. She was impressed by the hard work and concentration of our students! So was I!

I hope you enjoyed reading about "The Best Parts of My Week".

Please consider participating in "Operation Healthy North Park!"

Visit the North Park PE website to learn more about our program.

E-mail me with comments or questions at: northparkpe@yahoo.com