Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week....6/6/11-6/10/11

Hi everyone,
It was a scorcher of a week in the Northeast! That meant some postponements of scheduled Field Days, but amid the disappointment there were many "Best Parts"! Enjoy!

.....On Monday I counted "Coop" cars to get the final total for our "Operation Healthy North Park". I was thrilled to count 2,785 "Coop" Cars! (I really counted every one!) That equals at least 55, 700 minutes of exercise! We beat last year's record!

.....I have been able to introduce golf putting skills to my students and I was so impressed with their approach to the game! Many students were serious and skillful and were thrilled to have a chance to play!

......I was happy to listen to students recount stories of playing golf with moms, dads, grandmas and grandpas!

.....A first grade student told me that she was both sad and happy because Field Day was postponed. She said: "I was sad because Field Day was canceled, but I was happy because I was so hot I did not want to do anything!" I felt the same way!

.....5th Grade Field Day was the only Field Day that we could hold this week and it was terrific! The students were amazing, the parents were wonderful and helpful, and we all had a great time! Fitness Frankie attended as well!

.....I had a great conversation with a grandparent who came to watch Field Day. There were many compliments about the students, our volunteers, and the activities!

......We are so fortunate to have such wonderful parents who help run our Field Day stations! This week I was sad to say goodbye to some parents whose students will be moving on to middle school, but I was happy to remember all of the wonderful times we have had and all of the events that these parents have volunteered for!

.....At the end of the 5th grade Field Day I had asked some of the students to help clean up some of the equipment. I asked them if they had a good time during Field Day and I was answered with a "THANK YOU" and a hug!

I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week"!

Visit the North Park PE website to learn more about our program.

E-mail me with comments or questions at: northparkpe@yahoo.com