Monday, October 4, 2010

The Best Parts of My Week 9/27-10/1

Hi everyone,

School is in full swing! I hope you enjoy the "Best Parts of My Week"!

.....During an "Alphabet Soup" warm-up students were spelling words that they knew by actively moving about the gymnasium and touching alphabet tiles scattered on the floor. At the end of warm-up, I asked a second grade class to share the words that they spelled. One student said "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, but I didn't have time to finish!" Since we do the same warm-up for the three days of the PE Week, each day she spent time spelling the word and finally finished! You really can't make this stuff up! By the way, I spell-checked this to be sure I knew how to spell it, but I am quite sure that my second grader did not need to!

.....On Friday morning I arrived to find a wonderful gift at my door! Our school Cub Scout Den is learning about community and made me a decorated pencil holder for my desk! It is decorated with sports labels and "R" and a "star" for "Rock star"! I always say that teaching in an elementary school makes you feel like a Rock star! One of the moms involved told me that I am their Rock star! What an amazing feeling! Thanks to our thoughtful Cub Scouts!

Have a great week!