Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Best Parts of My Week - 11/21/16--11/22/16

Hi everyone,
As weeks go it was incredibly short due to the Thanksgiving holiday and parent/teacher conferences but it was a good week to reflect on what I am thankful for…….

…..Tuesday was the 50th day of school and for many years some of the primary classes have celebrated with 1950’s themed activities.  I have had the opportunity to celebrate with them by creating the 50th Day of School Sock Hop.  During this event, students and teachers dress up as if they were living in the 1950’s and then we dance some of the popular dances of the time.  I showed the students a YouTube video of Chubby Checker doing the twist on American Bandstand (no color TV back then!) and then we danced to the Twist, Hand Jive and the Lollipop Song.  We also played with hula hoops to the Hula Hoop Song.  It was so much fun!  Of course, I have a bear with a poodle skirt so “Sandy” comes out for the event as well!  Click here for pictures!


…..Fitness Frankie is being taken care of by a fourth grade class and we are collaborating with a fourth grade class from Texas!  This week I filmed some video of a blindfold trust activity to share with our friends from Texas.  Fitness Frankie got into the act too!  The students did a great job and thought FF was adorable! Don't you think so too?


…..A fourth grader came to PE this week and immediately showed off his new hair cut.  His dad’s badge number was shaved into the hair cut!  His dad is a firefighter and his son is very proud……...We are thankful for his service!

.....Circus Week is coming next week! I had fun making this display case this week!


Other things I am thankful for:
…...my family
……my friends
…....a career that I love
…...a beautiful gymnasium
…..incredible professional development opportunities
…..my student teacher and the chance to share my experience
…..technology
…..coffee
…..clean water
…..exercise - kayaking, golf, bicycling, working out
…..the beautiful Hudson Valley
…..food to eat, work to do, time to play
…..my school
…..my home

…..a chance to share all of this using this blog!

I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week"!  Visit my website:  North Park Physical Education to find out more about our Physical Education program.