Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week! 12/5/11--12/9/11

Hi everyone,
     The holidays are approaching and the excitement is building!

.....I was in the lunch line this week when a kindergarten student turned to me and said:  "I always eat a healthy lunch"!

.....Prior to using the climbing wall with my upper elementary classes, we engaged in a trust lean activity.  This activity requires a significant amount of trust on my part as well as on the part of my students.  I take the lesson seriously and expect that of my students as well.  When I asked for a volunteer in one of my classes, I was happy to see many hands go up.  I chose one student to help me demonstrate the trust lean.  I was so pleased at the trust this student placed in me as we showed the rest of the class how to do the trust lean......when the rest of the class participated in the activity, I was pleased at the trust they placed in each other!

......We continued to climb our rock wall this week.  We have a magnetic rock wall and a set of letters that I can add to the wall randomly or in words.  One of the upper elementary classes asked "Are we spelling words today?  That's fun!" Some students spelled their names, others read the words that I had made and yet another student spelled the word "pixy"! I think it's great that students want to spell and it is a great way to create an interdisciplinary approach to our Cooperative Activities unit!

.....We had our Winter Concert at school this week!  For many of the students it is the first time that they have performed in front of a large group.  We have wonderful music teachers who always have the students ready to perform and they did a great job!  I always enjoy seeing the students in a different light and I am proud of how hard they (and their teachers) worked and I am impressed with their talent!

.......One of the things that makes North Park so amazing is how we come together as a community to work hard to make our school the best it can be and help others in need.  This week our North Park family did both and I was proud to be a part of it...........


I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week!"

Visit the North Park PE website if you would like more information about the PE program at North Park!