Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week 11/7/11-11/11/11

Hi everyone,
    I hope you enjoy reading about the Best Parts of My Week!  I would love to hear about yours!  E-mail me at northparkpe@yahoo.com!

.....I was discussing cooperation with my younger students and I asked them how they should react when their partner makes a mistake.  One student raised his hand and said:  "We should help them".........wouldn't it be great if we all reacted that way?  It was a great opportunity to reinforce the idea that good teammates help each other learn......

.....One day this week I heard a spontaneous reaction from a student on the way in to PE class:  "I LOVE GYM!"  It made me smile!

.....Recently the NYC Marathon was held.  One of my students was very proud that his dad had run in the marathon and he was thrilled to tell me about it.  He actually brought in his dad's medal to show me!

.....I had a great opportunity to attend and present at the SEZ of NYS AHPERD Election Day conference this week.  I am so fortunate to be able to participate in some wonderful professional development during the year.  It's always a great chance to meet some passionate professionals and to learn some new ideas!  I can't wait to try out some of the new things I learned!  Fitness Frankie and Exercise Ernie attended too!  They were a hit!

.....The weather here in the Northeast has been unusually warm lately.  I took some of my classes outside this week and I was suddenly struck by how beautiful our play area is and how lucky we are to have such great spaces to play and work in!

.....I was walking in the hallway and met up with some students who asked how many steps I had on my pedometer so far.  I tell my students that I wear my pedometer all week and like to get a weekly total so I do not reset it until Monday morning.  When I told my students how many steps I had walked so far this week they looked surprised so I also said:  "I move a lot!"  One of the students replied with a smile:  "I can see that!"


I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week!"

Visit the North Park PE website  and the new North Park PE Website for more information about our program!

Visit a preview of the new North Park PE website!