Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week - 9/19/11-9/23/11

Hi everyone,
   What a week!  We are in full swing!  I hope you enjoy the "Best Parts of My Week"!

.....Fitness Frankie and Exercise Ernie were ready to go at the beginning of the week!  They were assigned to classrooms this week and the cheers from the classrooms that were picked this week were terrific!  I had the pleasure of bringing Fitness Frankie and Exercise Ernie to their respective classrooms and the smiles from students and teachers alike warmed my heart!

.....Exercise Ernie came to PE this week with the class that was taking care of him.  They were very proud  to show him what PE is all about!

.....Early in the school year I teach a lesson to my primary students called "The Incredible Shrinking Gymnasium".  It is a fun lesson that helps to teach students how to move safely in spaces of varying sizes and shapes.  I always have fun pretending that the gymnasium is indeed shrinking and laughed out loud this week when my second grade class played right along by touching the imaginary wall and agreeing with me that the walls had moved!

.....We are very fortunate to have some great equipment for our program.  This week I assigned pedometers to my students in grades 3-5 and began some introductory lessons on how to use them.  They were so excited!

.....Tuesday and Wednesday nights were "Meet the Teacher" nights at my school.  These nights are always a great chance to meet new parents, catch up with current parents, and talk about our PE program!
Exercise Ernie got into the act as well!  Students in his class wrote notes to their parents about their classroom and included Exercise Ernie in the news!  I had some wonderful conversations with parents and, as has happened in the last few years, talked with some new parents who were also my former students!

.....During one of my lessons this week I was inviting students to challenge themselves.  One of my first graders said:  "I love a challenge!  It makes me smarter!"

.....As one of my classes arrived this week one of my first grade friends said:  "Looking good Mrs. Robelee!"  It made my day!

.....While waiting for a teacher to pick up her class this week our librarian across the hall needed some help with a dry erase board.  I suggested a dry erase cleaner and offered her some that I had.  One of my students said:  "You share with everyone, don't you......"  It made me feel good that he noticed some simple acts of kindness.......

.....During a lesson challenge with one class this week, one student began chanting:  "Never Give Up!  Never Give Up!"  It caught on and soon everyone in the class was saying the same thing!

.....Every day I am thankful to be a part of North Park School.  This week, the support from my colleagues was especially touching.......thank you to all........


I hope you enjoyed the "Best Parts of My Week!"

Please visit the North Park Physical Education Website for more information about our program!