Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Best Parts of My Week....11/22-11/26

Hi everyone! This was Thanksgiving week and early release days for parent/teacher conferences and so it was a short week for students which gave me some time to reflect on my own "attitude of gratitude". I am thankful for many things in my life - my family, my friends, my school, my work, technology, and so much more! I realized that in a way, I am giving thanks each week as I share with you "The Best Parts of My Week"!


.....Monday was our 50th day of school! Our primary students count the days of school as part of their Math activities and celebrate at certain milestones. Several years ago, some of our teachers decided to celebrate the 50th day of school with a 1950's themed day. They asked if I could support this celebration by teaching some dances from the 1950's. Well, it grew into the 50th Day of School Sock Hop! We had so much fun doing the Hand Jive, the Stroll, the Twist, and listening to some genuine 50's music!

.....I was dressed up for the Sock Hop on Monday. Some people who saw me did not understand why I was dressed the way I was and I spent some time during the day explaining. At the end of the day however, when I was doing bus duty, one of the older students walked by and said "Oh, it must be the 50th day of school!" She liked my outfit and remembered participating in the sock hop herself!

Have a great week!