Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Best Parts of My Week....11/15-11/19

Hi everyone,
This was an incredibly busy week "chock full" of wonderful moments! Read on.......


.....On Monday we held our second Healthy Highway assembly. It was full of smiles and energy! We introduced "Respect Road" and danced the "Healthy Highway" dance! It was a sight to see everyone dancing and moving forward on the "Healthy Highway"!

.....As part of our character education program, students can be rewarded for good behavior with a special card that allows them to go to the front of the line for lunch. Tuesday was the first day and students were so proud they couldn't wait to tell us! One student was so excited that she went to the front of the line all the way to the cash register without getting her lunch!

.....I had a wonderful opportunity this week to attend and present at the NYSAHPERD annual conference. While in attendance at the conference, I enjoyed meeting new people and connecting with colleagues who are just as passionate about quality Physical Education as I am! My district supports and encourages professional development and I feel fortunate to have had this opportunity. Conferences re-energize me, validate the work that I do, and provide me with information about the latest innovative ideas and programs that can only improve the health and wellness of our students and ourselves! I learned so many new things and I can't wait to try them out at North Park!