Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Best Parts of My Week....5/10-5/14.....

Hi everyone,
What an exciting week this was! We are so fortunate at North Park! It was a great week to show our "Attitude of Gratitude!"


.....Wednesday our brand new ROCK WALL was installed! We now have a 20' long and 8' high magnetized rock wall! We will be trying it out this coming week! Everyone at school is so excited!!!!!!! (ME TOO!)


.....We have a wonderful PTA at my school! They often fund enrichment programs for our students and this year they offered me the opportunity to choose an enrichment program for funding. I immediately thought of Homespun Dance. This group is made up of Peter, Paul, and George, and they offer a program of live music and traditional American community dancing. I have had the pleasure of working with them in the past and I was excited to invite them to come back to North Park! During Thursday afternoon and all day Friday, Peter, Paul, and George provided an amazing experience for all of our students in grades K-5. The students and adults were engaged and enthusiastic throughout the program and the Family Dance Night on Friday night capped off the experience with a terrific night of dancing with students and families! This group of artists love what they do so much, that it is impossible not to love it too! Check out the pictures and you will see what I mean!