Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Best Parts of My Week! 4/16/12--4/20/12

Hi everyone,
   Well, it's that time of year when special events happen!  We had a few of them this week!

.....I was greeted with a smile and a hug from a student who is receiving a special PE award next month!  She received the letter announcing the award and both she and her family are so proud! (I am proud too!)

.....Once in a while I am in the main lobby when the buses arrive in the morning.  This week I was greeted by many happy children entering school and ready for their day!  I also had the pleasure of chatting with some students as they were walking to class.  They had so much to tell me!

.....One of our fifth grade classes completed an "Exit Ramp" slip at the end of PE class which required them to write down a healthy choice that they had already made that day or were planning to make later in the day.  I was so proud of their responses!  You can check out some of the responses by clicking Exit Ramp Responses!

.....During a primary activity students were asked to use lollipop paddles to move balloons into the "barn", which was a series of mats shaped to look like a barn.  Students were to pretend that these balloons were sheep that were being put to bed for the night.  One student was having a difficult time with one of the sheep and she said:  "The sheep are not listening!"  This was a great activity that was created by my student teacher!

.....As a kindergarten student entered the gymnasium he said:  "This place is awesome!"

.....Fifth grade students were taking home PE Packs to GO! this week.  They were very excited!  Click on PE Packs to GO! to find out more!

.....Exercise Ernie and Fitness Frankie had a wonderful time at kindergarten screening last week!  One of our PTA moms shared a story about an interaction with one of our incoming students.  He was very excited to meet them!  We have such a wonderful and supportive PTA!

.....I had the chance to play a game using a balloon and a lollipop paddle with one of my first grade students.  All of a sudden she said:  "This is just like Tennis!  How fun of a day is this!"

.....At the end of the week we celebrated the success of our Jump Rope for Heart event with our annual Student/Teacher Jump Show.  It is always such a fun event!  Students have the opportunity to show the skills they have learned and many adults in our building jump for our students!  Some of our adults learned new skills to show off too!  I am so thankful to be a part of this wonderful school community and it is events like these that remind me of that fact!  Check out the Jump Show!


Thanks for reading about the "Best Parts of My Week!"

Visit the North Park PE website if you would like more information about the PE program at North Park!