Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Best Parts of My Week 9/13-9/17

Hi everyone,
This was the first full week of school and there were many events that qualified for the best parts of my week! Enjoy!

.....Tuesday was Primary Day and our school serves as a polling place. During the day I ran into a former student who had arrived to vote. We had a wonderful conversation!

.....This week several of my classes earned their "PE Driver's License"! They were so excited! (So was I!) This is a part of the "Healthy Highway" program that our school is adopting this year.

.....As a result of our work to earn a "PE Driver's License" students learn the "PE Rules of the Road". The rules are associated with common traffic signs. After three days of teaching and review, one of my first grade students came up to me and said "Guess what - I saw the "Do Not Enter" (with food, drink, or candy) sign on the way to school today! I guess she was paying attention!

.....I hosted my first "Fitness Friday" of the year for students in kindergarten and first grade! We had a blast! The kindergarten students now know what "Fitness Friday" is all about!