Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Best Parts of My Week....4/19-4/23

Hi everyone,
This week's "Best Parts" happened during and after school!!!!

.....A second grade student brought to PE his medal that he won on a recent family vacation. He was very proud of it and I asked him how he won it. He replied: "Jump roping! No one could keep up with me!" What a great example of a student transferring something that he learned in PE to real life!

.....Family Fun Night! This week our PTA sponsored an event called Family Fun Night to celebrate PARP - Parents as Reading Partners. It has been a tradition for my obstacle course to be set up in the gym as one of the centers that students and families can enjoy. I was happy to set it up and run it for the evening. I had great fun helping and cheering on our students, their siblings, and even some "alumni" that came back to take a turn!

.....Our new rock wall! This week I was told that our new traverse rock wall is being installed in three weeks! I am looking forward to adding it to our program!