Monday, February 21, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week....2/14-2/18

Hi everyone,
We started this week off with Valentine's Day! There was excitement in the air as students dressed in red and pink, and shared valentines with classmates and teachers alike! I hope you enjoy the best parts of my week!

.....enjoying the excitement of fifth grade students as they learned that Fitness Frankie was going to spend the week in their class!

.....snowshoeing with third, fourth, and fifth graders! All of the snow in the northeast is finally paying off!

.....watching students help each other put on snowshoes and help each other up from a tumble in the snow!

.....snowshoeing with Fitness Frankie! Check out his blog soon for updates and pictures!

.....awarding miles to classes who showed "Perseverance" during this past week!

.....I recently encouraged our primary students to say "I'm learning" instead of "I can't" or "This is hard". This week I heard many students spontaneously use the "I'm learning" phrase when attempting a difficult task!

.....traveling to New Jersey to attend and present at the NJAHPERD/EDA of AAHPERD annual conference! I met some new colleagues, enjoyed a keynote speech by Dr. Oz, connected with many future professionals, shared some of the lessons that we use at North Park, and learned some new ideas to bring back to my school! It is so energizing to attend conferences! I am fortunate to be able to have that opportunity. It helps me become the best teacher that I can be, and improves the delivery of Physical Education services so that we can impact in a positive way the health and wellness of our youth!

I hope you enjoyed reading about "The Best Parts of My Week"!

Visit the North Park PE website to learn more about our program!

E-mail me with comments or questions at: northparkpe@yahoo.com