Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Best Parts of My Week....

My favorite moments of this week.........

.........a student quote: "It's only paper plates and a mat, but who knew it could be so much fun!".....talking about our figure skating Winter Olympic activity station.


........a student quote: "I was awesome today! I think I won the Gold Medal!"......talking upon leaving PE and self-assessing using the question: Did you do your best in PE today?


........A definition of student success: I encouraged a kindergarten student who was at the "Curling" station by saying: "Almost!" when he slid a bean bag toward the target and the bean bag slid in and out of the target box. He looked at me and said: "What do you mean almost? It went in the box!" My definition of success at the station was that the bean bag would slide in and stay in the target.....his was that as long as the bean bag went in, he was successful!


........Smiling as I watched my students enjoy our Winter Olympic Activity Stations. Check out the activities at my website:
North Park Physical Education. Click on Winter Olympics Activities!