Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Best Parts of My Week....3/7-3/11

Hi everyone,
There was so much excitement this week it's hard to know where to begin!!!!!

....Monday began with enjoying listening to students read the "Fitness Frankie" poem during morning announcements!

.....As we continued to get ready for Jump Rope for Heart, I continued to enjoy students making progress as they improve their jumping skills!

.....On Tuesday I was invited to attend the monthly PTA meeting as a guest speaker to talk about our PE program. I LOVE to talk about our program and I had a great time talking about pedometers, heart rate monitors, Healthy Highway, lessons on nutrition, Fitness Frankie, our upcoming dance program, Jump Rope for Heart and more! I appreciate so much the support our PTA has given in the past and continues to give on a daily basis!

.....This week we were treated to a dance program provided by Peter, Paul, and George of Homespun Dance. They have been to North Park a few times in past years and students are always excited to see them. In fact, when I told students that they were coming back to North Park this week they said "YESSSSSSS!" Peter, Paul, and George are an absolutely amazing group and bring a terrific energy that easily transfers to our students and staff! (Visit their website! - Homespun Dance.) They played a variety of instruments which included the fiddle, several different kinds of banjos, a clarinet, recorder, tin whistle and more! Paul taught us many, many traditional dances from China, France, England, Germany, and Colonial America! Our students and I danced with joy and laughter, (so did Fitness Frankie!) and we did not want to see the days end! They even made up a song about Fitness Frankie! Luckily, Peter, Paul, and George came back to host a Family Dance Night and many families, students, siblings, teachers, and our principal, danced the night away! We had so much fun! This program would not have been possible without the support of our PTA and I am so grateful for their willingness to make this event happen!

.....At the end of this week I was exhausted in the best way possible - feeling grateful for the opportunity to be a part of a wonderful school community that provides a tremendous learning environment for our students through partnerships of parents, teachers, administrators, and the students themselves!

I hope you enjoyed reading about "The Best Parts of My Week"!

Visit the North Park PE website to learn more about our program!

E-mail me with comments or questions at: northparkpe@yahoo.com